Our client a boutique US and UK integrated tax consultancy practice are looking for a capable TAX ASSISTANT MANAGER (US TAX OR DUAL US/UK TAX)
Considered by international clients as their first-choice tax advisor, the firm has a reputation for building long lasting client relationships while delivering exceptional client service using market leading technical expertise.
They have built a culture that supports outstanding personal development and train all their staff to become experts in the business.
Tax has been their specialty for more than 40 years and clarity, transparency and friendliness has been the core methodology in how they conduct their business.
Tax Assistant Managers are expected to ensure their clients receive a high level of service at all times, meeting and exceeding their expectations and understanding their needs in advance, as well as getting involved in the billings process, ensuring clients are charged the appropriate amount for the work completed and are billed on time and accurately.
• Providing advice to clients, clarifying with more experienced staff when required and following up on queries promptly;
• Tracking work and managing WIP to maintain ownership of clients and develop their working relationships;
• Undertake increasingly complex reviews of US and/or UK tax compliance, and although final sign off remains with a more senior member of staff until confirmed;
• Involvement with more complex consultancy and research projects;
• Provide the link between managers and junior staff whilst ensuring clients (internal and external) receive an exceptional level of service;
• They are responsible for the daily management of an allocated team, and should ensure work is planned and delegated appropriately in advance;
• Utilising job descriptions and the L&D team to ensure staff have received the appropriate training to complete work they are assigned;
• To implement firm processes and policies, as well as begin to contribute to the management of the business group through providing feedback relating to performance, training needs and processes;
• Develop and build relationships throughout the firm as well as externally; becoming a point of contact within the relevant group and the wider firm for their chosen area of specialism;
• Ensure all clients receive an exceptional level of service: organising and prompting when necessary to meet all deadlines;
• Role model appropriate behaviours reflecting our values as well as ensuring all information shared with them is treated with the utmost confidentiality;
• Work flexibly as part of the close team. This may mean assisting colleagues from time to time in support of the efficient operation of the practice and other duties as required.
• They can demonstrate they have gained tax experience and operated at a similar level within a practice;
• Experience of providing a high standard of service to clients both face to face and over the telephone;
• Experience of dealing with the full range of client tax requirements;
• Experience of working with US accounting and tax;
• Experienced in preparing and reviewing increasingly complex US and/or UK tax returns.
Job spec: Tax
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• The job holder will be a qualified AAT as well as willing to undertake Chartered Institute of Taxation Qualification
• Sound knowledge of statutory taxation requirements
• Knowledge of key aspects of tax legislation
• Knowledge of company and partnership taxation as well as personal taxation is desirable
• Knowledge of tax planning advice is desirable
• Organised and analytical approach
• An eye for detail and accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills – able to work on own initiative
• Highly numerical and able to interpret accounts data
• Sound IT skills
• They can work well under pressure
• Keen to develop professional taxation knowledge and understanding
• Keen to undertake professional development