Your role as a Manager in Audit, will focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development. In this role, you will develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
During your tenure as a Manager in Audit & Assurance, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Ability to demonstrate thoughtful execution of audit procedures in accordance with the applicable professional auditing standards and internal requirements, in order to fulfill responsibility to stakeholders, investors, capital markets, and other users of the financial statements
• Tailor audit procedures based on deep understanding of the entity’s business to respond to risks, including risks due to fraud
• Ability to obtain a deep understanding of an entity’s business processes and flows of transactions to identify the relevant audit risks and related controls and perform audit procedures in accordance with relevant auditing standards
• Ability to conduct thorough review of working papers to ensure all necessary work has been appropriately documented and that all audit risks are effectively addressed. Capable of conducting a final review of the audit documentation prior to archiving for compliance with the relevant standards and relevant local professional standards in order to ensure the required quality standards are met and that the file archive is completed on time
• Ability to leverage the corporate audit platform and other approved innovative technology based solutions for use on audit engagements to transform the delivery of the audit engagement
• Ability to leverage and apply knowledge of applicable accounting and auditing standards relevant to the entity on audit engagements in order to identify and resolve routine accounting and audit issues and inform entity management on a timely basis of any unresolved complex issues, and where relevant report to those charged with governance
• Develop and execute a comprehensive audit project plan to optimize and innovate the timing and delivery of procedures throughout the audit cycle
• Mentors and coaches junior staff on an engagement to ensure they are capable of delivering on assigned tasks in accordance with the corporate audit approach and understands their role as leaders to provide junior staff with development opportunities to enhance their skills and experience
• Be responsible for the preparation of audit strategy and business plans, setting budgets and pricing, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads, and financial reporting.
• Assume responsibility for small components of engagements and contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel.
• Recognize and communicate opportunities to sell "add-on" work to client and contribute to a positive team attitude.
• Demonstrate your ability to plan and manage engagements and people along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
• Develop and motivate all audit staff and provide them with counseling and career guidance.
Other leadership capabilities:
• Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
• Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• Understands key objectives for clients, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
• Minimum two years of experience in public accounting, auditing, audit management, budget, business plan, business strategy, preferably with big Audit Firms.
• Extensive knowledge of best practice reporting and International financial reporting standards. Able to ensure that the applicable accounting and auditing standards have been consistently applied and obtains appropriate evidence to support the assessment that the financial statements have been prepared in in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework
• Ability to develop one's own knowledge and the knowledge of others as it relates to Deloitte's tools and audit methodology and the applicable professional accounting and auditing standards through both formal learning and on-the-job training
• Ability to thoroughly review audit documentation for completeness, accuracy and adequacy while ensuring timely archiving of work papers
• Experience in the financial services or an energy industry is an asset.
• International accounting qualification is required: CA, ACCA, or CPA.
• Fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English)