We act for a Big 4 client looking to appoint an Audit Manager in its Dublin Office.
Our client's audit practice is one of the leading audit practices in Ireland and comprises of 26 partners and a team of over 700 staff. Our client operates across all industry sectors, including Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail, Energy, Aviation, IT and Pharmaceutical and is the No. 1 provider of audit services in Ireland in a number of these sectors.
We are keen to hear from candidates who possess the following:
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and auditing, preferably obtained in a “Big 4/Top 10” environment
- At least four years in a professional audit environment, including at least one year as manager/assistant manager
- Excellent project management skills
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for a portfolio of audit clients
- Planning of audit – timing, staffing and structure
- Liaising closely with clients in relation to planning and closing meetings, and discussing business developments generally
- Reviewing audit work papers
- Researching and resolving technical queries from clients
- Reviewing and finalising financial statements
- Assisting in managing a group of seniors and trainees
- Monitoring the development of seniors and trainees and playing an active role in the performance appraisal process
- Participating in the delivery of training courses to staff
- General administration, including working capital management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive and enthusiasm are a pre-requisite for this role
Our client excellent remuneration packages at all levels. At Manager level the package includes an extremely competitive base salary, performance based bonus and manager benefits along with a flexible benefits package
Our client takes pride in recognising and rewarding hard work and achievement through regular promotions, which take place twice yearly.
If you are interested and would like more information or a discreet discussion please contact Ian Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org