Our client is a leading Big 4 firm seeking to strengthen its Risk Advisory teams in Dublin and Cork.
• To work as key part of a team delivering controls advisory and internal audit projects, having the ability to led teams and manage junior members of staff.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management, including C suite management.
• Acts as a team player; helps others on the team at all levels.
• Contribute as an effective team member and, under supervision, take accountability for deliverables.
Core Personal Competencies
· Able to establish personal credibility with clients; is professional in conduct and demonstrates expertise.
· A track record of delivering internal controls and internal audit projects or reviews that meets or exceeds expectations, offers real insight to client’s (internal and external) on their business and adds real value to business performance
· Finds logical or innovative solutions to complex or unusual problems.
· Plans and coordinates own workload and that of other team members, meeting deadlines, quality and risk objectives, taking appropriate action to address issues as they arise.
· Continuously builds and masters key technical, functional and professional skills.
· Encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing that impact performance of team members.
Prerequisite Skills / Experience
- Strong experience of internal audit / internal control, in both financial and operational processes.
- Good appreciation of a business benefits of internal control and good risk management and not just for compliance purposes (i.e. not limited to SOX).
- An ability to utilise core risk and controls skills in a broad range of projects both in a traditional internal audit and in advisory projects aimed at assisting in the implementation of controls / improvements.
- An understanding of Project Management.
- Professional, quickly establishes personal credibility and demonstrates expertise.
• Primary Degree (2.1) or above, from a leading university or equivalent
• There are no specific professional qualifications required, but is expected that candidates will have suitable professional qualification, e.g. Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA or ACCA, or IIA
· Experience working in Big 4, global management consultancy firm or Blue Chip organization (both major foreign and Irish multinational) with an appropriate internal audit or consulting background.
· Strong experience of internal audit / internal control, in both financial and operational processes.
Particularly interested in people with experience in the following sectors:
If this interests you and you would like further information or a discrete discussion please contact Ian Douglas at email@example.com