Our Big 4 client's Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (COE) engages with the largest global audit clients, providing innovative solutions to global statutory reporting. The COE is based from our client's Dublin office and operates at a truly global level. Through ground-breaking technology tools, the COE drives disruption in the management of global statutory audits, provides business insights into our clients’ performance, and partners with our clients, as they move to world class statutory reporting structures.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen to join this fast-growing service line. The Senior Manager role works with a number of our client's largest and most complex global audit clients, and acts as the primary owner of COE relationships with client leadership and primary audit teams. It is a role which requires strong inter-personal skills, high levels of exceptional client communication and engagement, and a disruptive entrepreneurial spirit. As Senior Manager within the COE, you will be responsible for fostering and developing exceptional client experience, identifying opportunities to extend our provision of services, and playing a leadership role in the team. Our people operate with considerable autonomy, while having the full support of the firm to draw upon when needed.
Day to day activity in this role
· Using COE technology and processes, provide insight to primary audit teams and to clients regarding the progress and quality of the statutory audit process, assist in resolution of issues, all requiring excellent communication and presentation skills
· Understand client operations and organization to ensure that the COE service delivery model is aligned
· Manage teams and actively coach and develop team members
· Responsible for managing a portfolio of some of our client's leading international clients.
· Responsible for overall management of the client economics on your client portfolio.
· Demonstrate the value of the COE’s work, by ensuring teams are providing exceptional client service.
· Lead through example and help colleagues understand the broader picture of technical, ethical and financial needs, underpinning the success of the COE.
· Act as part of the COE senior management team in setting and driving strategic discussions with key stakeholders and account scope expansion.
What does our client look for?
· Strong inter-personal skills and executive presence, matched with an ability to communicate at a senior leadership level
· Ability to foster, maintain and grow client relationships.
· Exceptional entrepreneurial spirit.
· Qualified Accountant - e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
· Minimum of 8 years relevant experience
· Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards & US GAAP.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Strong understanding of multi-national group and statutory audit.
· If you progressed to Manager / Senior Manager level in Big 4 practice and are currently in that role or have spent a couple of years in industry since, then this is a great opportunity to return to Big 4 for something different
If this interests you and you would like further information or a discrete discussion please contact Ian Douglas at email@example.com