Our client a boutique US and UK integrated tax consultancy practice are looking for a capable PERSONAL TAX MANAGER.
Considered by international clients as their first-choice tax advisor, the firm has a reputation for building long lasting client relationships while delivering exceptional client service using market leading technical expertise.
They have built a culture that supports outstanding personal development and train all their staff to become experts in the business.
Tax has been their specialty for more than 40 years and clarity, transparency and friendliness has been the core methodology in how they conduct their business.
The role holder will manage a portfolio of corporate clients with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities.
• Tax Managers have responsibility for running their allocated client list, ensuring clients receive a high level of service;
• Ensure that work is planned and delegated in advance;
• Take the lead in the billing processes and ensure deadlines are met;
• Work with the Credit Control team to secure prompt payment;
• Tax Managers are expected to carry out accurate and complex final reviews, ensuring risks are minimised and high standards are maintained;
• Sign out completed tax returns as agreed with senior staff;
• Tax Managers should have sufficient knowledge of other areas of tax (such as personal,UK/US, trust and corporate tax) to be able to identify when to involve other experts within the company to identify appropriate departments to involve;
• Tax Managers should demonstrate continued development of their management skills, providing support and guidance to allocated junior staff members;
• Ensure the technical, personal and administrative development of allocated staff and deal with personnel issues with guidance from HR;
• Tax Managers are ultimately responsible for ensuring all compliance work meets expected standards – this includes minimising risk and ensuring an excellent level of client service is maintained;
• Ensure all clients receive an exceptional level of service: organising and prompting when necessary to meet all deadlines;
• Role model appropriate behaviours reflecting our values as well as ensure all information shared with them is treated with the utmost confidentiality;
• Work flexibly as part of the close team. This may mean assisting colleagues from time to time in support of the efficient operation of the practice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of UK and/or US tax
• EA Qualified
• An eye for detail and accuracy
• Good people management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly numerical and able to interpret accounts data
• Sound IT skills
Must be able to build strong working relationships with other members of staff.
• The role requires them to be able to persuade and also push back with respect when dealing with difficult clients.
• Must be able to work in a team as well as independently
• They should support colleagues and provide assistance when required.