Our client a boutique US and UK integrated tax consultancy practice are looking for a capable TAX SENIOR (US TAX OR DUAL US/UK TAX).
Considered by international clients as their first-choice tax advisor, the firm has a reputation for building long lasting client relationships while delivering exceptional client service using market leading technical expertise.
They have built a culture that supports outstanding personal development and train all their staff to become experts in the business.
Tax has been their specialty for more than 40 years and clarity, transparency and friendliness has been the core methodology in how they conduct their business.
The Tax Senior will work on a businesses’ tax compliance, tax planning, income taxes and preparation of tax returns. A Tax Senior must monitor and learn about emerging tax laws as well as tax planning and saving provisions. For a Tax Senior working on tax reporting this will involve complying with all necessary tax legislation and identifying any savings that minimize tax bills. Tax Seniors compile all required government documents concerning taxes and offer solutions to pressing tax problems and are the point of contact for dealing with HMRC and the IRS.
A Tax Senior will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
• Compile and present quarterly reporting;
• Enable accurate and timely forecasting of the group tax rate and acceleration of tax
• Responsible for running their allocated Primary Contact List: taking initial responsibility for completion of compliance process including delegating work;
• Demonstrate good working knowledge of clients; communicate with the
management group to ensure completion of work, and develop relationships to become the main contact for allocated clients;
• Tax Seniors should identify possible issues with their Primary Contact list and discuss such issues with the appropriate lead;
• As projects arise, Tax Seniors should look to work on consultancy and research projects with senior staff;
• As reviewers, it is vital that Tax Seniors have up to date technical knowledge and are able to apply this to their work;
• Tax Seniors should be able to identify any additional internal training sessions they may benefit from attending, or any which should be added to the training offering;
• Review of tax provisions;
• Liaise with third party professionals including solicitors, other accountant, tax advisers and independent financial advisers;
• Develop people manager responsibilities and other duties as required.
• The job holder will be a qualified AAT as well as willing to undertake Chartered Institute of Taxation Qualification.
• They can work well under pressure.
• They can demonstrate they have gained tax experience and operated at a similar level within a practice;
• Experience of providing a high standard of service to clients both face to face and over the telephone;
• Experience of dealing with the full range of client tax requirements;
• Experience of working with US accounting and tax; and
• Experienced in preparing and reviewing increasingly complex US and/or UK tax returns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Sound knowledge of statutory taxation requirements
• Knowledge of key aspects of tax legislation
• Knowledge of company and partnership taxation as well as personal taxation is desirable
• Knowledge of tax planning advice is desirable
• Organised and analytical approach
• An eye for detail and accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills – able to work on own initiative
• Highly numerical and able to interpret accounts data
• Sound IT skills
• Keen to develop professional taxation knowledge and understanding
• Keen to undertake professional development such as the Chartered Institute of Taxation