MANAGER TAX TECHNICAL DUBLIN
- Job Reference:
- Date Posted:
- 19 January 2017
- Dublin, County Dublin
- Job Type:
- Work Hours:
- Full Time
- John Bowes
IN OUR CLIENTS WORDS
We are seeking a Tax Manager for the Dublin tax practice to work in our Tax Solutions Centre which is our centre of excellence in relation to all tax technical matters arising within the firm, as well as being the central repository for tax knowledge. It is also an innovation hub with responsibility for the identification and development of new approaches to regularly occurring client issues and emerging problem areas.
The members of the Tax Solutions Centre work very closely with engagement teams to provide solutions to clients on material tax issues and they also assist engagement teams in structuring significant transactions.
The role of the Tax Manager will primarily involve reporting to Tax Senior Managers and Tax Directors on a variety of corporate tax assignments. It is intended to be a full-time technical role. The successful candidate will therefore work as part of the Tax Solutions Centre involved in the provision of corporate tax consultancy services to engagement teams within the firm.
The role would be suitable for any candidate with an aptitude for tax technical work, particularly any candidate interested in undertaking research and applying technical principles to resolve complex problems.
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- Supporting senior members of the Tax Solutions Centre on complex tax projects.
- Undertaking technical research, documenting conclusions and discussing positions reached.
- Dealing with queries raised by engagement teams and being receptive to requests for assistance by such teams.
- Sharing knowledge, skills and experience.
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- AITI / ACA qualification or equivalent.
- Candidates who have partially or fully completed the AITI exams while working in a non- tax role such as audit/advisory will also be considered.
- Experience of working in a tax department of a Big 4 firm or mid-tier practice.
- Strong tax knowledge and technical skills.
- Willingness and desire to take ownership and responsibility,
- Ability to prioritise and being capable of delivering within tight deadlines.
- Good organisational and planning capabilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, as well as good writing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction.
- Being an independent thinker and having a curious mind would be viewed positively.