MANAGER / SENIOR MANAGER FS ASSURANCE AUDIT - DUBLIN
- Job Reference:
- 7-001hu -ijd
- Date Posted:
- 1 February 2017
- On Application
- Job Type:
- Work Hours:
- Full Time
- Ian Douglas
Our client is a Big 4 firm seeking a Manager or Senior Manager for its Audit ( Financial services ) Assurance team in Dublin, Ireland.
Assurance is our largest service line, where you will work with the highest performing teams serving industry leading clients, both locally and globally.
As the only major professional services firm with an integrated financial services practice across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa, our client is looking for talented assurance professionals. It offers outstanding careers in financial and professional services, working with the best people on the most complex financial service issues and helping to shape the future of financial services.
What does our client offer?
A competitive salary and remuneration package, including a broad range of rewards and benefits
Our client is aiming to become the leading global professional services organisation by 2020 which means doubling its revenue and inviting 25 new partners and 700 new staff to the firm by then. Right now is an incredibly exciting time to join our client.
Ranked in the top 3 Universum world’s most attractive employer in 2016
Its clients include Ireland’s largest banking and aircraft leasing companies
Only globally integrated ‘Big 4’ firm built around inclusive borderless teams
Free Gym Membership
Ability to buy up to 5 extra days annual leave
What will you be doing?
Typical activities will include the following:
- Provide guidance and expertise to professional staff and participate in the conduct of a wide range of assurance services, with a particular focus on complex and specialised issues, including audits, controls reviews, remediation projects, and assistance with regulatory compliance
- Develop team members by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Develop technical expertise –both functional and industry.
- Understand the clients industry, key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Plan engagement objectives to ensure compliance with professional standards and appropriately address risk. Prepare and review management communications, proposals budgets, and negotiate fees and overruns
- Review and approve for signing all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients.
- Maintain relationships with other engagement teams and monitor team progress against plan and drive performance as required.
- Identify new business opportunities. Understand our service lines and actively assess ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Candidates for Manager Roles must have a proven track record of outstanding performance and display a high level of people and business skills. They will also be expected to have shown an on-going commitment to their personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
What do we look for?
Requirements for prospective candidates include:
Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
Strong Financial Services, Banking, Insurance and/or Asset Management experience
A proven track record in maintaining strong client relationships.
Minimum 5 years (8 years for Senior Manager level) assurance experience gained in Big 4 practice
Dedicated to teamwork and leadership
Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) with US GAAP experience preferable, but not required
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Minimum of 18 months' left on your valid Passport to facilitate Work Permit & Visa applications (where applicable
If this position interests you please contact Ian Douglas at email@example.com for a discrete and informal discussion.