MANAGER / SENIOR MANAGER ICT AUDIT - DUBLIN , CORK IRELAND
- Job Reference:
- 7 - 001HT -IJD
- Date Posted:
- 1 February 2017
- DUBLIN / CORK
- On Application
- Job Type:
- Work Hours:
- Full Time
- Ian Douglas
We act for a Big 4 client looking for ICT Managers and Senior Managers for positions in several locations across the Republic of Ireland.
Our client's audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies. They provide a quality and consistent audit offering to clients by assembling multi-disciplinary teams to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest, high quality auditing tools and perspectives. To help otheir clients achieve their potential they provide a tailored service, consistent methodology, broad sector knowledge and the latest insights from their worldwide network. This is a great opportunity to join the fast-growing and proactive Industrial, Commercial & Technology Assurance group. You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of our client's most diverse and exciting clients. Your work will be recognised and rewarded and a solid career will lie ahead of you.
What can our client offer you?
Join the professional services of a worldwide recognised leading employer
Active social community including EYGLES, Women’s network, Charity Committee and many more
The opportunity to be involved in our Entrepreneur of the Year Award -The program was created to recognize the accomplishments of entrepreneurs around the globe
Two days allocated to participate in charity work in addition to your annual leave with matched funding
Ability to buy up to five extra days annual leave
Only globally integrated ‘Big 4’ firm built around inclusive borderless teams.
Our client Career development framework which includes the following:
Theycurrently offer more than 16,000 courses on our learning management system. Last year, their people undertook more than eight million hours of learning and completed over one million courses. So you can be confident you'll have time and space to pursue your learning goals.
‘Buddy Scheme’-to welcome you to our client and introduce you to your colleagues
Career Counsellor Scheme –you will be assigned a career counsellor who will help you drive your career and provide you with the support and guidance you need to achieve and exceed your career aspirations
Ongoing performance reviews
Firm Supported Study –our firm supported study actively encourages you to pursue further educational developments and accelerate career progression
What will you be doing?
- Provide guidance and expertise to professional staff and participate in the performance of audit procedures, with a particular focus on complex and specialised issues. Including audits, control reviews and assistance with regulatory compliance
- Develop team members by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Develop technical expertise - both functional & industry.
- Understand the clients industry and recognition of the key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Plan the engagement objectives to ensure compliance with professional standards and appropriately address risk. Preparation and / or review of management letters, audit project proposals, budgets, fee / billing negotiations and recovery, and contract terms.
- Review and approve for signing all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients
- Maintain relationships with other engagement teams and monitor team progress against plan and drive performance as required
- Identify new business opportunities. Understand our client and its service lines and actively assess ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long term relationships and networks both internally and externally
Candidates for Senior Manager roles must have a proven track record of outstanding performance and display a high level of people and business skills. They will also be expected to have shown an on-going commitment to their personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
What does our client look for?
Requirements for prospective candidates include:
Proven track record of outstanding performance.
Worked on Large PLC/ Multinational clients within the Industrial, Commercial & Technology sector.
Clearly demonstrate an on-going commitment to personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
Minimum of 6 years relevant experience ( 4 for managers)
Ability and willingness to work primarily on challenging and complex projects
Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & US GAAP
An ability to manage projects and teams.
High Technical Knowledge
Excellent commercial, management and organisational skills
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Demonstrated business acumen
International candidates must have minimum 18 months on their current passport for Work Permit & Visa applications
If this interests you and you would like more information please contact Ian Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org