We act for a Big 4 client looking for a Manager / Senior Manager for its Transaction Analytics team. The team helps to bring faster, better and deeper insights in the ideal environment. Be it pre or post-merger, the team is responsible for deploying industry-leading analytics and innovation, providing valuable insights to executives making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. It forms part of the Valuations & Business Modelling group, a UK market leader with a very successful international business. Our client is now looking to build on previous success and strengthen the Transaction Analytics team at the Senior Manager / manager level across its Transaction Advisory Services practise.
Our client's work typically involves constructing purpose built databases applicable to the transaction in question, using data preparation tools such as Alteryx and statistical tools, to derive insight through forecasting calculations and simulations, supported by data visualisation tools for example: Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, PowerPivot & Power BI, often in a fast moving transaction environment.
Although the TAS Analytics team is largely London-based, our client operates as a national team and many of its engagements involve multi-national clients. This role will require some travel within the UK and could require overseas working.
- Develop business development initiatives, creating demand, converting sales, engagement delivery and knowledge management, previous proven experience of achieving sales targets greater than £0.5m
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams, client and 3rd party professionals on client engagements and providing leadership and shape delivery approaches
- Functioning as a subject matter expert in advising clients to gain greater insight into their data and the value that data analytics can bring to an organisation
- Take a significant role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the career and technical development of other team members.
- Work to support clients on the benefits of data analysis, complex calculations and visualisations demonstrating how it can be applied at all stages of the transaction life cycle
- Working directly with clients as well as other in-house client specialist teams
- Manages clients’ expectations in relation to deliverables and identifying risk on the assignment
- Sets and agrees budgets and produces project plans and progress reports, keeping seniors on the assignment informed of status
- Helps the group achieve target fees by assisting in proposal development and other selling initiatives
- Qualification in Computer Science, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or highly numerate science
- History of strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical techniques to provide insights to business issues. Competence in using database management software, statistical and predictive modelling, and data visualization software
- Past experience of working in a transaction environment and a solid understanding of how Analytics can bring value throughout the transaction life cycle
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience of leading large teams, complex engagements, mentoring and coaching junior staff to maximise performance
- Solid knowledge of financial reporting and finance
Experience in the following would be highly advantageous
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, including exposure to high profile transactions
If this position interests you and you would like further information or a discreet discussion please contact Ia Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org