Our client a Top 10 firm in looking for a Business Tax Manager or Senior Manager for their Guildford Office.
We provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from multinational groups or housing associations to owner managed businesses.
Through establishing close relationships with our clients, we ensure that we are able to deliver the most comprehensive business tax advice, and also ensure we are aware of the key opportunities and risks faced by our clients.
Purpose of Role:
This role will provide tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of business clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients and managing more junior members of staff as necessary.
You will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group. You will actively be involved in and look to seek out working on special assignments and advisory projects where appropriate.
A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed, about any new business opportunities arising at existing and new clients, in order to grow the client portfolio.
- Undertake consultancy work
- Manage portfolio of advisory and compliance cases
- Give exceptional client service and be responsible for maintaining regular contact with client team
- Technically strong
- Ability to get involved in variety of business tax work (e.g. international tax matters, R&D tax credits, awareness of VAT and employment tax aspects, partnership and owners of businesses)
Staff Management and development
- Liaison with Partners, demonstrating strong management skills
- Appraisals/monitor staff performance
- On the job training for junior staff on a one-to-one basis
- Dealing with staff questions