Our client a Top 10 Firm - is looking for a business tax senior for their Guildford Office.
Purpose of role:
As a Senior you will be part of the delivery team on tax advisory and tax compliance services to a wide range of OMBs.
- Client work including:
- Drafting tax clearances and tax reports
- Technical research
- Prepare business tax computations/tax returns
- Prepare election control sheets and client review sheets
- Review Alphatax/Taxpoint lists to ensure all relevant prompts are cleared and deadlines met
- Contribute at client meetings
- Deals with HMRC correspondence including responding to enquiries
- Prepare billing analyses and draft fee notes
- Review of tax computation and returns prepared by trainees
- Training and development
- Attend internal training sessions
- Assisting other staff members
- Provide support to other staff members and partners on chargeable and non-chargeable work when required
- Developing the trainees with both their technical knowledge and portfolio management
- Ensuring relevant client deadlines are met
- Ensuring S&W procedures are adhered to
- Involvement in some departmental administrative tasks
- Planning and Organising
- Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
- Written and Oral communication
- Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner.
- Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
- Customer Focus
- Meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
- Team work
- Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
- Maintain Technical Expertise