PRIVATE CLIENT TAX DIRECTOR NORFOLK
- Job Reference:
- Date Posted:
- 12 January 2018
- On Application
- Tax, Private Client Tax
- Job Type:
- Work Hours:
- Full Time
- John Bowes
Our client a global accounting firm is looking for a Tax Director for its office in Norwich.
This is a high profile role and has a great route to Partnership.
- you’ll build key internal and external networks, developing new work from existing clients, identifying new opportunities, attending meetings and building good working relationships
- you’ll work to enhance your own personal brand, along with the firms external profile and brand to generate new clients
- you’ll develop trusted relationships with existing clients and advise these clients in connection with their tax affairs
- you’ll lead the team in an inspiring way, providing coaching for more junior members of the team to develop their advisory skills
- you’ll work strategically with our private client partner to grow market presence
- you’ll work on complex technical assignments
- you’ll produce detailed technical reports, including reviewing and presenting the computational aspects to accompany such advice
- you’ll identify tax planning opportunities and be able to convey the potential rewards and risks to clients and prospects
- you’ll provide an efficient, client focussed and proactive service to meet the needs of private clients
- you’ll develop a network of referrers in order to win additional private client work
- you’ll ensure risk is managed appropriately
- you’ll liaise with HMRC in relation to client matters and dealing with enquiries from HMRC
Who we're looking for:
- you will have strong technical tax expertise, and your experience will lie in either the traditional private client / trust arena and / or in advising entrepreneurial private individuals on key strategic tax issues relating to their businesses.
- the team’s client base consists of high net worth individuals, their families, and business interests and the emphasis for the incoming director will be on client relationship management and business development
- you will have a proven track record of delivering innovative solutions, a strong commercial / business focus and excellent client handling skills together with the ability to lead and develop a team.
- the successful candidate will be responsible for focusing on relationship management and also for generating new client opportunities.
- ACA qualified, CTA qualified (or experience to demonstrate these)
- experience of delivering a wide range of private client tax planning and advisory services
- ability to prioritise, supervise and develop staff
- technically strong - able to undertake advisory work as well as oversee and review tax compliance for private clients