Our client a Top 10 Firm requires a Business Tax Senior Manager for its office in Birmingham.
We provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of organisations, SMEs, owner managed businesses and their owners.
Purpose of role:
To manage your own portfolio of clients, working with Directors or alone on complicated consultancy and advisory projects. A significant part of the role will be business development of existing and new clients as well as potentially developing a specialist field of technical and/or sector knowledge and expertise.
- Manage portfolio of consultancy work
- Manage portfolio of complex advisory cases
- Give exceptional client service
- Technically strong
- Identifying opportunities on client portfolio
Staff Management and development
- Liaison with Partners
- Appraisals/monitor staff performance
- On the job training for junior staff on a one-to-one basis
- Dealing with staff questions
- Involved in business development activities/profile raising locally
- Able to take advantage of marketing/PR opportunities
Personal Development (Technical & Other)
- Internal and external seminars and courses
- Internal meetings
- Client focus – ability to deliver consistently excellent client service.
- Commercial awareness - delivers value to client and team profitability.
- Teamwork - organises and supports others.
- Good communicator - both written and oral.
- Problem solving - positive attitude to solving problems and delivering outcomes.
- Enthusiastic and keen business developer.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
- Significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and/or industry
- Technically capable tax adviser who is able to manage complex client work
- Demonstrable experience of managing people and clients
- Existing business development skills and appetite to grow business
- Project management experience
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders both internally and externally