Our client a Top Ten Firm is looking for a Global Risk Manager - there is flexibility on where this can be beased
The Global Risk Manager (GRM) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of network compliance and risk management for the International Firm.
Using a proactive and practical approach, the GRM will provide solutions and guidance to teams in the member to ensure standards are maintained and procedures understood.
Through an in-depth knowledge of industry network definition and requirements, define required policies and processes to maintain a high degree of compliance.
Understand network risk management issues and translate into practical processes and training for member staff to maintain consistency.
- Stay up to date with relevant standards defined by IFAC, TAC, Forum of Firms and the PCAOB
- Communicate relevant changes to the International Professional Standards Committee (IPSC) and the CEO
- Support the IPSC Chairman with the running of committee meetings, documenting decisions and following through on actions
- Liaise with regional office staff to communicate issues and identify required standards for all member firms to meet
- Ensure day to day risk management issues are understood and support procedures including reviewing of marketing materials, member firm compliance
- Maintain an effective risk register and report on key issues to the CEO, IPSC and relevant board
Education and Experience
- Professional experience in Audit
- Detailed understanding of regulatory issues impacting international accounting networks
- Experience of working with international teams
- Ability to actively and effectively communicate to senior leadership in the organisation
- Ability to inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.