Our client a Top 10 firm requires a Private Client Senior Manager for its Birmingham Office.
Private Client Tax Services
We provide ‘trusted adviser’ services to a diverse array of clients. This includes high level tax advice across the range of taxes, but also experience of all related matters, legal, accountancy, financial and investment. We act for a large number of international and internationally mobile clients as well as providing advice on all forms of wealth structures; trusts, foundations, family investment companies, family limited liability partnerships, private OIECs, UK and offshore pension arrangements etc.
Purpose of role:
To support Partners and Directors with a broad range of planning assignments.
The successful candidate will be working independently on consultancy assignments, typically relating to non-doms and overseas structuring matters but also providing capital taxes and more general wealth tax advice to HNWIs and entrepreneurs.
Over time such assignments can lead to on-going compliance matters with the role therefore extending to being the relationship manager and being responsible for the delivery (but not the preparation or review) of annual tax returns for the individual client, their family and their structures.
The successful candidate will be expected to get involved in business development, both in terms of the local marketplace and, possibly, firmwide campaigns.
- Deliver excellent client service by developing and maintaining client relationships
- Liaise proactively with clients, Partners and other members of the team on advisory matters
- Assist Partners in, and where appropriate, leading tax planning projects in relation to various matters to include domicile, , onshore and offshore trusts and structures, capital gains tax and inheritance tax planning.
- Manage HMRC enquiries together and deal with any disclosures required to be made to HMRC, either by voluntary written disclosure or via one of the disclosure facilities to the offshore disclosure unit.
- Take responsibility for billing and monitoring budgets.
- Guide junior members of staff in dealing with advisory work and review this work.
- Assist with managing junior member of staff including helping them with technical and personal development.
- Present periodically at technical training sessions.
- Engage in personal business development activities and support business development activities of the wider Private Client and S&W team.
- Ensure technical knowledge is kept up-to-date.
- Monitor internal procedures to ensure that they are adhered to and take responsibility for some departmental administrative tasks.
- Planning and Organising - must be able to plan workload to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure. Must be able to instruct others, delegate appropriately and control delegated work.
- Written and Oral communication - good written communication skills are necessary to draft reports and correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner. Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
- Team work - provide a link in the chain to supervise staff members below and support Partners above. To be a reference point for technical and other queries.
- Technical Expertise – maintain a high level of technical knowledge. Need to be able to understand issues, spot potential problems and provide solutions.
- Account Management - Responsible WIP and debtor management.
- Analytical Thinking - when presented with data, need to be able to provide workable solutions.
- Relevant professional qualification(s) (CTA and/or ACA or a legal qualification)
- Significant experience gained within a professional services firm.
- Demonstrable knowledge of private client tax and associated professional advice.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering tax planning/advisory projects